While reading this article i find myself stopping alot, wandering, and asking alot of questions to myself, like "What really is the whole point of this article?" "When is the ending going to be here yet, but was the article good? Or did you know what it was really talking about? Yes, some what i did. I believe that what the guy was saying i could see is happening to with not just him, but other people in life. Reading online is a big thing now adays, because they have computers, i-pads, notebooks, kindles, and alot more that people are reaading off of and not just hard backs, or paper back books. Its a big thing now that we read off of them, more than in the 1970's or 1980's when Tv was the medium choice that they picked from. Even texting now is big with people, not picking up the phone. Alot of what he said in his article is alot that is happening and changing the world, not just for the Untied States but everywhere around the world.
"I think I know what’s going on. For more than a decade now, I’ve been spending a lot of time online, searching and surfing and sometimes adding to the great databases of the Internet. The Web has been a godsend to me as a writer. Research that once required days in the stacks or periodical rooms of libraries can now be done in minutes. A few Google searches, some quick clicks on hyperlinks, and I’ve got the telltale fact or pithy quote I was after. Even when I’m not working, I’m as likely as not to be foraging in the Web’s info-thickets’reading and writing e-mails, scanning headlines and blog posts, watching videos and listening to podcasts, or just tripping from link to link to link. (Unlike footnotes, to which they’re sometimes likened, hyperlinks don’t merely point to related works; they propel you toward them.)" (A paragraph from the article that i liked alot and want to talk about more). I think that this paragraph is very true, because alot of people are using the Internet now than just how they had it back in the day. I'm seeing my self going online to do anything now because you can go and do it there and get alot of it done. Like when my mom pays bills she can just sit and pay mostly every single one online because thats how they have it set up now that you just go on and pay. Its crazy that even though im 17 and you see how much the world changes in just a couple of years. I still think to myself what the world is going to look like when im 60. It's not gonna be the internet that they will be using its gonna be something different.

We had very similar pictures that described how we felt when reading this article. I also found mysellf asking a lot of questions!
ReplyDelete